MA Iraqi Studies
Duration: 2 years
Awarding Institute: University of Tehran
The MA program in Iraqi Studies was introduced to fill the great demand for a master’s degree in Iraqi Studies. The aim of the program is to promote study of affairs in Iraq effectively. The graduates of this course will be experts in political, cultural and social affairs of Iraq. The history of Iraq, its foreign policy, economy and other aspects of life are studied by the students of this program which can be completed in two years. This program, apart from core modules in Political Science, also offers core modules in key disciplinary areas of International Studies, as well as a wide range of interdisciplinary modules.
The MA in Iraqi Studies program is a two-year course (four semesters). The students are required to complete the program in five semesters maximum. The subjects are offered on semester-credit basis. Minimum credits offered in each semester are nine.
The students of the MA in Iraqi Studies program, besides the prerequisite or deficiency subjects, should pass 32 credits (coursework and research) which include 14 compulsory credits, 10 optional credits and a dissertation of six credits.
- Research Methodology
- History of Iraq
- Economy of Iraq
- Political Geography and Geo-Politics of Iraq
- Fundamental Rights of Iraq Before and After Occupation
- Foreign Policy of Iraq
- Relations Between Iran and Iraq
- Arab Literature 1
- Arab Literature 2
- Ethnography of Iraq
- Iran-Iraq Economic and Cultural Ties
- Ethnology of Iraq and Its Tribal Setting
- Iraq after Occupation
- Saddam Husain and The Bath Party
- Systems of Education and Higher Education in Iraq
- Relations Between Iraq and the West; Specifically the US
- Energy in Iraq
- Relations Between Iraq and the Arab World
- Iraqi Constitution and Formal and Informal Power Structures in Iraq
*Subject to change without notice!