MA Indian Studies
Duration: 2 years
Awarding Institute: University of Tehran
The students of this program study the political, social, cultural and economic affairs of India in the light of its rich history and longstanding civilization and culture. Of course India’s democracy, which is the world’s largest, its tradition of non-violence and its ancients scripts are incorporated into the curriculum of this program to promote the knowledge of the students and researchers. This program, apart from core courses in Political Science, also offers core courses in key disciplinary areas of International Studies, as well as a wide range of courses which are both discipline and area based. This program is run by the Department of Indian Studies.
The MA in Indian Studies Program is a two-year course (four semesters). The students are required to complete the program maximum in five semesters. The subjects are offered on semester-credit basis. Minimum credits offered in each semester are nine.
The students of M.A. Indian Studies program, besides the prerequisite or deficiency subjects, should pass 32 credits (coursework and research) which include 14 compulsory credits, 10 optional credits and a dissertation of six credits.
- Interdisciplinary Research Methodology
- Religions and Mythology in India
- Social Structure ofIndia
- Politics and Government in India
- Economy ofIndia
- Foreign Policies of India
Students are required to complete 14 credits from the following list of modules:
- Specialized Language – English
- Literary Legacy ofIran in India
- Political Geography of the Indian Subcontinent
- Political Thought in ModernIndia
- Views of Mahatma Gandhi
- Democracy in India
- Indian Cultural Studies
- Indian Art and Cinema
- Indian Languages
- Indian Literature
- Regional and International Position of India
- History of Colonialism and Freedom Fighting in India
- NationBuilding and Political Development in India
- Iran-India Political Relations
- Iran-India Cultural and Social Relations
*Subject to change without notice!