MA German Studies
Duration: 2 years
Awarding Institute: University of Tehran
MA German Studies:
The students of this program become acquainted with different aspects of German life, its outstanding traditions and its role in the world affairs. German literature, philosophy and culture of course constitute a part of the curriculum of this two-year course. This program, apart from core courses in Political Science, also offers core courses in key disciplinary areas of International Studies, as well as a wide range of courses which are both discipline and area based. This program is run by the Department of German Studies.
The MA in German Studies program is a two-year course (four semesters). The students are required to complete the program maximum in five semesters. The subjects are offered on semester-credit basis. Minimum credits offered in each semester are nine.
The students of MA in German Studies program, besides the prerequisite or deficiency subjects, should pass 32 credits (coursework and research) which include 14 compulsory credits, 10 optional credits and a dissertation of six credits.
- Interdisciplinary Research methodology
- History of Germany and Austria
- Culture and Society in German Speaking Countries (Comparative Studies)
- Literary Schools in Germany and Austria
- Politics and Governance in German Speaking Countries
- Economy and Industry in German Speaking Countries
Students are required to complete 8 credits of the following modules:
- Germany, Austria and Switzerland and the European Union
- Constitution and Legal System in German Speaking Countries (Comparative Studies)
- Philosophy and Religion in German Speaking Countries
- Iranian Studies and Islamic Studies in German Speaking Countries
- Media and The Press in Germany
- Germany and International Organizations
- Economic Ties between Iran and Germany, Austria & Switzerland
- Political Ties between Iran and Germany, Austria & Switzerland
- Civil and Cultural Foundations of Europe and Iran
- Political Thought in Germany
*Subject to change without notice!