MA British Studies
Duration: 2 years
Awarding Institute: University of Tehran
MA British Studies
The MA in British Studies was introduced in the Faculty in the academic year 2007-2008 to fill the great demand for a master’s degree in British Studies. The history of Britain, its rise and fall as a colonial power, and its literature constitute only part of the curriculum of this program, which normally takes two years to complete. This program, apart from courses in Political Science, also offers core courses in key disciplinary areas of International Studies, as well as a wide range of courses which are both discipline and area based. This program is run by the Department of British Studies.
The MA in British Studies is a two-year course (four semesters). The students are required to complete the program maximum in five semesters. The subjects are offered on semester-credit basis. Minimum credits offered in each semester are nine.
The students of MA British Studies program, besides the prerequisite or deficiency subjects, should pass 32 credits (coursework and research) which include 14 compulsory credits, 10 optional credits and a dissertation of six credits.
- Interdisciplinary research methodology
- History of British Developments
- British Cultural Studies
- Politics and Government in Britain
- British Middle Eastern Policies
- Literary Movements in Britain
- British Economy
- History of Iran-British Relations
- The Press and Media in Britain
Students are required to select up to 8 credits from the following modules:
- Religion in Britain
- Cinema in Britain
- History of Europe
- Technology in Britain
- Economic and Political Geography of Britain
- Social Policies of Welfare Government in Britain
- Britain and European Union
- British History and Culture
- Demography in Britain
- Philosophy in Britain
*Subject to change without notice!