MA Iranian Studies
Duration: 2-3 years
Awarding Institute: University of Tehran
Students will be introduced to issues related to contemporary Iran in subjects such as contemporary history, Shi`a studies, politics, culture, literature and economics. They will have access to primary resources that would allow them to pursue their studies in their interested topics.
• This program is only offered to non-Iranian students.
• Candidates are required to have BA, BSc or an equivalent undergraduate degree from a recognized higher education institute.
• Students for whom English is not their first language must have at least IELTS 6.5, TOFEL 575 (paper based) or TOFEL 231 (computer based) or equivalent qualifications.
• You may be required to complete a few foundation courses if your first degree does not correspond with the program.
Students will be completing a total of 32 credits of which 10 are core, 16 are optional and your dissertation will have 6 credits.
• Research Methodology
• International Politics
• Principles of Shia Studies
• Islamic Revolution of Iran
• Theoretical Evolutions in International Relations, Globalization and Regionalism
• Politics and Governance in Iran
• Contemporary History of Iran
• Political Geography of Iran
• Iranian Society and Culture
• Advanced Persian (reading and understanding academic writing)
• Iran in Regional & International Organizations
• Introduction to Customs of Groups in Iran
• Political Economy of Iran
• Economy of Energy and Natural Resources
• Iran & the Middle-East
• Iran and the Big Powers
• Contemporary Art and Literature in Iran
• The Role and Development of Media in Iran
• Iranian Studies Seminars
Students will complete their course by submitting a 30,000-35,000 word dissertation on a topic of interest supervised by one the professors during the last semester. The dissertation can be written in either Persian or English.
If you’re not sure about anything, or you have more questions contact us via email@example.com or (+98) 21
*Subject to change without notice!